Monday, February 22, 2010

manzanita wreath


Supplies

wire wreath frame (I made my own with wire and wire cutters)
twine
manzanita branches with leaves and blooms


Directions

1. secure twine to wire wreath frame
2. add a branch, pay attention to the direction of the branch. All other branches will be going the same direction. wrap the twine around it a couple of times to secure.
3. Add another branch going the same direction, place end of branch in with the secure twine and branch and wrap around with twine to secure a couple of times. Try not to cover up too many of the leaves and blossoms. Continue until all the way around.
4. When finished tie twine to frame and add a loop to allow the wreath to hang.

I saw something similar to the way I made this on Martha Stewart during the holidays, but because I live in a concrete jungle it was a little hard to get the leaves that she used. I was very excited when I thought of the idea while staying at my parents house out in the country for the weekend. I used manzanita branches and leafs. They are very meaningful to us. My dear Grandpa Bruce died at a nursing home trying to recover from surgery called Manzanita Nursing Home. My parents property has many of these trees. Below is a picture of some of the Manzanita trees on my moms property.



No comments:

Post a Comment

background